Monday, January 9, 2012

January 8: Percy the Positive Panda

Hello. My name is Calypso.

Hi, Calypso.


And I have an unnatural obsession with stuffed animals.

...The taxidermy kind?

No, the cotton kind.


Ohhhh...


Yes. I can't help it. I have a terrible weakness for big fuzzy bears and tigers and monkeys and giraffes... I blame the Velveteen Rabbit. Oh, and my father.
If you think I've got problems, you ain't seen nothin' yet. My dad is the strangest mixture of 50 year old and 4 year old that you will ever see. Or at least hear about. He comes off all mature and adultish at first, talking about stocks and cooking and then all of a sudden.. BAM! He's introducing you to his +20 year old "Mr. Bunny" who he has had longer than ME. Yup. My big brother is a rabbit.
I'm telling you all this because this weekend, my dad bought ANOTHER stuffed animal. My little bro and I were obviously whole-heartedly supportive since we share the disease, but my mom still deeply resents the poor little guy. I think she worries that with us as a family, she'll wake up one day to find herself drowning in a sea of stuffed animals. Anywho, the source of her grief is a big panda pillow pet who my father has affectionately crowned, "Percy the Positive Panda" (because he's always smiling!! :D). And we're all kind of obsessed with him. So, I drew a little picture of him for you guys yesterday!


I drew it on the back of a Chemistry flashcard... It was pretty much the highlight of my studying.

And here's the real Percy!


He's a looker, don't ya think?


No comments:

Post a Comment