Friday, January 20, 2012

January 18: Blog Background Experimentation!!

So I did a little experimentation with watercolors on the 18th, and made myself a blog background piece. It's designed to fit together into one splendiferous pattern when repeated over and over again, though it was my first attempt doing something like this so I had to tweak it a little on iPhoto to make it line up. But, all in all, it was super fun designing it! This is the piece, individually:



And this is how it looks as a blog background!



As you can probably tell, the bow ties don't quite match up, but other than that it looks pretty good right? The one thing I don't like is that the back color is white... I think when I make a final design, it'll have to be in color. I'd also like to exploit the water part of watercolors more next time, because I must admit I used them more as regular paint in this one... But I still like it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment