Sunday, January 22, 2012

January 21: James T. Kirk

I recently bought a fantastic Star Trek book, and it inspired me to have a little Star Trek marathon yesterday... While I was watching "Amok Time", and trying to explain the Vulcan mating ritual to my skeptical mother, I did this sketch of Kirk, in his formal wear! <3 I have to say, I usually like to draw Spock, because I LOVE him... But I'd never drawn Kirk before, surprisingly enough, so I decided to try him out instead:


(This is a little more cartoonish of course, but you get the idea...)

I really do love Star Trek... And lately I've come to appreciate Kirk and McCoy much more than I did originally. I was always a Spock/Scotty girl myself, but lately I find that I'm OBSESSED with McCoy!! And much more taken with the Captain than before... But don't worry my dear Spock, I will always adore you! Not that you were worried of course... I mean, you're a Vulcan after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment